Thursday, July 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #13

Well, friends, we've passed the half-way mark on the year. I decided that my favorite months are May, June & July. If I could make these months last 6 months of the year, I would. I just love them. The sunshine, warmth, flowers, grass, trees, berries, vegies - it's all good. What's your favorite month(s)?

Two weeks ago we started a summer Bible study, Beth Moore's The Inheritance. It's very good, as I expected. My verse comes from that study:

Psalm 16:6 ESV: The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed I have a beautiful inheritance.

As we've just begun this study, I don't have the full concept of this verse yet. But I want it in my memory when she does explain what the first part of the verse means. I am beginning to understand the inheritance part and it is exciting. God has made me an heir and a co-heir with Christ (Gal 3:26-4:7). In Bible times, the oldest son received a double portion of his father's estate and any other children divided what was left over. God says I am a co-heir with his first born son which means I, even as a woman (vs 28), get a double portion of my Father's estate. How awesome is that?

Please keep learning your verses friends! We are at that half-way point where we can forget why we're started doing this hard thing and the goal seems a long ways off. Persist. A verse from last year comes to mind right now: 1Cor 8:11 Now, finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it is matched by your completion of it, according to your means. Satan wants to distract you, don't let him win.

Have a great holiday weekend! Leave your verses in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. VBS Verse and just a very good scripture for all of us:
    If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without
    finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
    My Prayer for my children (scripture memory, also)
    And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:9-11

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love July the most. Especially with the cooler weather right now, not too hot but summer. I think I enjoy July because we are into summer but school is coming up again soon enough that we don't take the days off for granted, and yet we've relaxed from the hectic schedules of the school year by now.

    My first verse for this month is:
    "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country."
    Proverbs 25:25 kjv

    We are hoping for good news from Rwanda on our adoption soon :)

    ReplyDelete