Sunday, August 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #15

Lately I've been hearing about bad things that have happened to good people. I have been overwhelmed with the evil in this world. In my efforts to transform my mind, these circumstances can be too much for my thoughts. I keep going back to this verse from Philippians 4:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. (vs 8)


I've been wanting to commit this verse to memory for quite some time and this is the time. When evil, discouragement, criticism, or any bad thing threatens to overwhelm me, I am to refocus my mind on what is true, lovely, pure, admirable, etc. It has helped me immensely this past week when those horrible stories want to replay in my mind. Focus on what is good, what is truth. He is good. He is truth. Praise His name.

Share your verse in the comments. Come back in a day or two for pictures from our family week!

3 comments:

  1. Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children, and live a life of love, just as in Christ, God loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
    Ephesians 5:1NIV

    And my God will meet all your needs according to His glory. Philippians 4:19NIV



    Please share your Momma Moments and the scripture that is speaking to you or that you are choosing to memorize or meditate on.
    Have an aMazing Monday!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything."
    2 Timothy 2:7 holman christian standand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that verse! Here's mine:
    May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
    Romans 15:13
    (Hey, I just typed it from memory and double-checked and got it right! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete