Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #17

Hang on tight, folks, September is here. Next thing you know, it'll be 2011. We are almost 3/4 of the way through the year. How do these things happen? How can the year go so fast when some of the days are so long???

My verses this time are from Zephaniah 3:17 NIV:
The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

I need to really take those in during this season of my life. I have been under some spiritual warfare lately and the enemy does not want me to believe God period. That is when I need to take up my shield of faith and be strong.

Honestly, somedays are easier than others. I spend too many days in defeat and it's making me angry. The Word of God is full of not only His love for me and you, but also, reminders of His power within us to live victoriously. I need to claim that. But on the days I live in the flesh and not in the spirit, I need to know He loves me and wants me to come back to Him. That's why I picked these verses today. I want to know in the marrow of my bones that He takes great delight in me.

Thank you Father. Thank you.

Leave your verse in the comments. Know He is with you today.

1 comment:

  1. "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1 niv

    ReplyDelete