Saturday, May 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #9

The verses I'm choosing today are from the So Long Insecurity simulcast last weekend. They are from Ephesians 4:22-24:

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put of your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Every day I get dressed on purpose. That means, I make a conscious decision as to what clothes I'm going to wear. These verses can be applied the same way. Every day I need to make a conscious decision to follow the Spirit and to be the new person that I am in Christ. I don't have to continue to do what I've always done. I am clothed in strength and dignity Proverbs 31 says, so I imagine every morning putting those characteristics on as I would a coat. This new self starts in the mind with my attitude and then I am to walk it out daily. I cannot wait until I feel secure to act secure. Heavens knows, I'd never get there if that's what it was dependent upon. This part of the simulcast was a light bulb moment for me. I have a choice here. I don't have to continue being corrupted by my old deceitful desires, I can choose to be a new creation in Christ. That is freedom!

What are you learning about God and his Word right now? There is something for everyone and every situation. All glory to His Name!

Leave your verse in the comment section. Keep up the good work!

3 comments:

  1. I am really loving this week in Living Beyond Yourself, all about His faithfulness, and the reminder that He is faithful to His Word! So, my verse came from one of the days of homework this week, Hebrews 11:1 niv
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My verse was "whispered" to me at a very difficult moment this week. It really touched my heart.

    Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you. Isaiah 26:3

    ReplyDelete