Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On this day in history...

Here are some interesting facts about this day, April 14:

1860 - First Pony Express rider arrived in San Francisco with mail originating in St. Joseph, Missouri.
1865 - President Lincoln was shot.
1912 - Titanic hit an iceberg and sank.
1981 - First American space shuttle, Columbia, returns to Earth.
1989 - 1,100,000,000th Chinese born.
1994 - Billy Joel & Christy Brinkley announce plans to divorce.

This, though, is what happened on April 14, 2000 that changed my life forever:


My son was born. In ways I couldn't imagine this young man-child has taken my breath away (not always in a good way; you know what I mean), challenged my thinking, pushed me out of my comfort zone, and over all, captured my heart. I see glimpses of his dad in him and I get a window into what Steve was like as a boy. This gives me a deeper love for my son's daddy. I see glimpses of what he'll be like when he's older and I go to my knees in prayer over him. Lately, though, I am just enjoying the boy he is at 10 years old. Funny, ornery, a thinker, creative, loyal and such a gift from God.

Happy birthday, son. I am so thankful you are a part of this family. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment