Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Day

As I was driving home from Bible Study today (side note: started a new one last week, Living Beyond Yourself: Fruit of the Spirit by Beth Moore - already an excellent study), I realized for the first day in a really long time - I feel happy. The kind of happy that just bubbles from deep down inside a person. The kind of happy that the enemy wants to squelch because my life is far from perfect, I don't have all the answers and this world is in a sad state.

But this is what I know to be true today: God chose me before the creation of the world because it pleased him to do so. (Eph 1:3-6) I have been credited with righteousness because of faith in the risen Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:22-24) When I confess my sins, I am forgiven and purified. (1John 1:9) He has made me competent through his spirit to be his servant. (2Cor 3:5-6) He is teaching me, revealing himself to me, going to great lengths to restore me -- all the time. Today that makes me so happy.

"I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:2-4

Are you happy today?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, and what a blessing to be filled with a joy from God alone! I am loving the study too and today when Beth shared about her longing to have such a hunger for the Word and she found a teacher and she couldn't get enough! Wow, I am just inspired to find more outlets to study the scriptures intently. God is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am happy my friend & I am glad that you are too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete