Monday, February 15, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #4

I apologize for posting this so late in the day. Everyone was home today and it messed up my "normal" schedule. That's the excuse I'm going with anyways. :)

I hope you all had a happy Valentine's weekend. I am still thinking of love so this is my verse: 1John 4:19 NIV - We love because he first loved us. This verse reminds me that the only reason I can love is because of Him. If He hadn't loved me first, I'd have no idea how to love. Because I am a parent I get the understanding behind this verse. And because I am a parent, I can not begin to fathom the depth of His love for me. I have loved my children since before they were born and were even aware of me. Yes, they are returning that love as they get older but it doesn't affect my love for them if they don't. My heart may ache more, but I still love them. Yet I realize my love for my children is but a drop in the bucket compared to God's love for me. He gave up his Son for me. The thought is overwhelming.

This verse also reminds me that without God I am nothing. If He didn't love me, I'd be returned to dust in a nanosecond. I can do nothing to earn his favor and in fact, the harder I try, the more I mess up. It's a good reminder of my humble status.

I'm so proud of you for doing this challenge! Keep up the good work, friends. The reward is so worth the hard work. Leave your name, verse & version.

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl - good insight! I remember feeling like the birth of my children was the closest earthly picture of the mystery of love and grace! I blogged about my verse, too - it's Isaiah 50:4 -

    The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning,wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.

    (Hey, I almost typed that from memory already! That's encouraging!) Oh, and I'm doing it in the NIV, but I also LOVE the NLT version of this verse!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Jesus, am the bright and Morning Star. Revelation 22:16

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus"
    Philippians 4:19 NIV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Eph 1:3 NIV

    ReplyDelete
  5. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7

    ReplyDelete