Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SMV #24!

Hey friends! It's been crazy around here since I last posted. My computer got a virus, a bad virus. I took it to a place (shall remain nameless) that fixes sick computers and they wanted to charge me $170 to fix it. Seriously? At Christmas time? No, thanks, I'll try to figure something else out. My brother in law came over and tried to help, but, alas, it's December! I have other things to do this month!

Then, I went to out of town last week with my daughter's school. Steve didn't have time to fix the computer, but did talk to a guy who recommended a guy to fix it, reportedly for less than $100. Well, since it's been over a week since the stinking thing went down, we caved and took it to the guy. $75 flat fee! Blessed news, indeed. It's still in the repair shop (I'm on my niece's laptop) but soon, very soon, I'll be back in business again.

I've realized how dependent on the computer I've become. I've also realized how much I can get done in a day without the computer calling me for interruptions. Amazing. I've gone through some withdrawal symptoms, but I think it's getting out of my system. As with most things in life, I'm going to have to be purposeful about my computer time in the future. Success rarely comes through accident.

On a related note, have you seen the Living Proof Blog on Beth Moore's website? She will be starting scripture memory again in 2011. I will be doing it again, as well. I would love it if you'd join us. The best way to fight the enemy's lies is with the truth of the Word in your hearts & minds. We must be equipped to fight, friends!

The verses that have spoken to me recently are from Romans, chapters 7 & 8. In dealing with regret and guilt, I have found a lot of comfort from Paul's words in verses 7 - 25. I don't do what I want to do. I am a prisoner of the law of sin. What a wretched being I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?

Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!

I wanted to do a nice Christmas verse from Luke. End the year with fuzzy warm feelings. But my reality is a little more complicated than that. I am in constant and desperate need of a Savior. I am a wreck without Him. Jesus came to be that Savior. That is what Christmas is to me this year. So here are the last verses for the year 2010:

Romans 8:1-2 (NIV) Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus, the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

What does the Christ of Christmas mean to you this year? Let's be purposeful in our celebrating. Remember to leave your verse in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can't say I haven't had my computer, but I truly don't know where the time has gone in the last week! Whew, I am glad we have Christmas break now, good to slow down and enjoy my family. But I do have my verse for this last section of 2010.
    Daniel 4:3niv "How great are His signs, how mighty His wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; His dominion endures from generation to generation."
    How I am enjoying this week of focusing on God and His kingdom and especially on His Son. I love hearing my 3 year old ask "what kind of cake would Jesus like for His birthday?" Merry Christmas my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete